Error 110. (I cannot resave with security on it -- my own export to pdf document)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly export a document from a Microsoft program (usually Publisher) into PDF format. Then, In Acrobat, I add a password so changes can't be made but the document can still be printed. 

I have a consistent problem, it comes up once a month or so and then seems to resolve itself. I go to add the security password and then go to save and I get the error message: 

The document cannot be saved. There was a problem reading this document (110).

I don't even know if this is coming up on Adobe's end or as a result of exporting as PDF. As mentioned, I do this all the time and I don't know why it happens or how to resolve it. Other helps for error 110 says to print as a pdf and the new file will be ok. Well, this is my own document and I need all the hyperlinks to work. What can be done here? Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have this problem. Can ANYONE help me? How do I contact Adobe support? Someone that can answer.  This is an issue I cannot find an answer too. I need to be able to secure my documents from editing/changing, but still be available to users for printing. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines