• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1935 When Installing Acrobat Pro XI

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am receiving the following error while trying to install Acrobat Pro XI:

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (11.0.17)

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component

{9718BF1D-6A9F-3406-A992-630F7EF2F164}

HRESULT: 0x80070308

This is occurring across our enterprise on all machines. I tried initially with 11.0.16 and now with the latest patch. This has worked for years up until the beginning of this week and now it has failed on at least 50 machines. Also, on a few machines that I am aware of, a previously working version of Acrobat Pro (update 13) suddenly was no longer installed. My guess is either Symantec (they broke Firefox over last weekend) or some patch from Microsoft, although no patches were released over the weekend within our environment. Has anyone else experienced this?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Figured it out! There was a stuck MS update out there. I followed the advice here and that cleared it up.

I tried to reinstall the original Visual C++ files and they through a similar error. In researching the actual text, I came across the site I linked above.

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro XI

We are on Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit

I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling .NET and Visual C++ Redistributable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you click the link in message 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I followed that one earlier today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to successfully complete each steps in solutions 1 and 2 and 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed each step and the result was the same: Error 1935

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is less likely to help because it's not specific for acrobat, but check Error 1935 | Assembly component Microsoft.VC80.CRT | Install | Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, CS5, CS4 | ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have looked at that page as well. Still no luck.

So, I've been looking through the logs and trying to figure out what is tripping this up because it seems to get all the way to the end, including placing a shortcut to Acrobat on my desktop and replacing the icon on some PDFs. In the log created, it gets to a point seemingly successfully and then posts these three lines:

• MSI (s) (BC:28) [10:00:12:418]: Product: Adobe Acrobat XI Pro -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {9718BF1D-6A9F-3406-A992-630F7EF2F164}. HRESULT: 0x80070308. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: Microsoft.VC90.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.1",processorArchitecture="amd64"
  • Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {9718BF1D-6A9F-3406-A992-630F7EF2F164}. HRESULT: 0x80070308. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: Microsoft.VC90.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.1",processorArchitecture="amd64"
  • Action ended 10:00:12: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

What's interesting is the next line:

• Info 1308.Source file not found: c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\plug_ins3d\drvDX8.x3d.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

When I look in that directory, I find the file drvDX9.x3d; close, but not the same. After that, here are the remaining entries in the log:

• Info 1903.Scheduling reboot operation: Deleting file c:\Config.Msi\TBDEADB.tmp. Must reboot to complete operation.
  • Action ended 10:00:26: INSTALL. Return value 3.
  • MSI (s) (BC:28) [10:00:26:642]: Product: Adobe Acrobat XI Pro - Update 'Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.16)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\Windows\Logs\Acrobat_Pro_XI_v16.log.
  • MSI (s) (BC:28) [10:00:26:642]: Windows Installer installed an update. Product Name: Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Product Version: 11.0.16. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems. Update Name: Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.16). Installation success or error status: 1603.
  • MSI (s) (BC:28) [10:00:26:642]: Product: Adobe Acrobat XI Pro -- Installation operation failed.
  • MSI (s) (BC:28) [10:00:26:642]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Product Version: 11.0.16. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Does this help to troubleshoot the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I downloaded the latest installer from Adobe for Acrobat Pro XI hoping that something would have been updated in either the installer or the CAB file. No difference. Still looking for drvDX8.x3d when drvDX9.x3d is the file there. When I cracked open the CAB file, both files are located within.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if you can update your os.

uninstall any acrobat/reader versions that might be installed

clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart your computer

reinstall using compatibility mode for xp sp3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out! There was a stuck MS update out there. I followed the advice here and that cleared it up.

I tried to reinstall the original Visual C++ files and they through a similar error. In researching the actual text, I came across the site I linked above.

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines