• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 205 opening crash.

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have issue 205 error right after opening, it crashes. I tried with agents thru chat and screensharing, but it didnt work. 😞 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KASHIF24761468sacl ,

You need to provide more details.

• In which version of Adobe Acrobat Pro is this happening? (32bit or 64 bit version)
  • In which operating system are you on (Windows (32bit or 64bit)? or macOS?)
  • Is this happening with every PDF file that you open with Adobe Acrobat or just one file?
  • What exactly did the agents tried via chat messaging that it didn't work? Please be very thorough and detailed

Sharing the file or a screenshot is also helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end both of the agents said the samething that we have tried our best to resolve the issue, but we could not therefore we need to pass this case to our senior team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unclear what is the 32bit part that you are referring to and what senior team are those agents talking about?

macOS is a 64bit operating system and it no longer supports 32 bit apps.

If you are trying to force a 32bit app on macOS it will not work.

If this is the case,  you need to download the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 64bit version for macOS.

Now, if you get the same error after you download and install the appropriate 64 bit version of Acrobat for your macOS, then we can start narrowing down the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KASHIF24761468sacl ,

Some more Important questions:

After a second thought, I miss to ask you if you have a paid-subscription plan of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Where did you downloaded Adobe Acrobat from?

Although you already said that you contacted support, How exactly did you contact Customer Care?  What is the link?

Did you also try to call an official Adobe Support 800 number or did you use the customer support chat online only?

OR,

Did someone (that you can't tell if they work for Adobe) called you or emailed you offering help out of the blue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize it is indeed 64bit version. I have contacted the chat support thru adobe's official website. The first agent was connected and she did the cleantool process first and then the other one, which was going in to library and then deleting specific folders. Furthermore, she couldn't fix it and then told me to wait ill get a phone call from one of their representative. I got frustrated and contaced them again thru chat support system, he tried the same process and did not work. He then told me that the case is still open and i will be contacted again by a senior team member. I still have not heard from them yet, and yes I have a paid subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using mac os and it is happening in 32bit, they tried first the cleaner tool and then with library and deleted some files. Yes, it is happening with every single file, as soon as you open the file the acrobat crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KASHIF24761468sacl  ,

Thank you for your response and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please send the full crash dump to us to debug this further by following steps mentioned below -

Press 'Start' key and search for 'cmd'. Launch the Command Prompt in admin i.e. 'Run as Administrator' mode. Run these four commands in a one-by-one manner:

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps"

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpFolder /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps"

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpCount /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000040

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpType /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000002

Retry the scenario where Acrobat crashes. Press Win+R and type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" and press Enter You will see .dmp file generated file recently. Please share that dump with us. Note it will be a large file. You may upload the logs to Adobe Send and share the link with us via email: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat DC Desktop Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have windows, its Mac OS Ventura 13.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.2.1 sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that this problem is related to how the Adobe Acrobat program was installed from.

If the software was installed using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, I would uninstall it completely, run tge AcroCleaner Tool, and then download and install Acrobat from a other download source (other that the CC app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, but it is still the same problem. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to create a new user account in your macOS?

Try creating  a new user account profile and sign in  in your macOS with that account.

Just for testing purposes, try using Acrobat with that account instead and see if the same behavior occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @KASHIF24761468sacl 

Please provide the crash logs as described by 'Aakash deep' earlier. so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Also, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html and see if that steps shared workf for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KASHIF24761468sacl ,

Please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and collect the reports using any of the three methods mentioned under the 'On macOS' section and share the logs with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines