Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 2148073503 when attempting to digitally sign

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am trying to digitally sign a document however when saving the document after applying my signature I get the following error: "Error reported by Windows Cryptographic Service Provider: The keyset parameter is not valid. Error code: 2148073503".
Does anyone know where this may be coming from. The certificate comes from a professional card and the procedure worked before.
I specify, I have version 2022.001.20169 of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Windows 10 20H2.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you confirm if the root certificate that is associated with your digital signing certificate of your smart card is not expired?

Root certificates are issued by a root certificate authority.

In a Microsoft Windows environment they are saved in the certificate store; uninstalling and reinstalling that root certificate may resolve the issue.

However, the cryptographic service error that you've encountered could indicate other problems.

Some issues are related to outdated drivers of the smart card reading device, incorrect hashing algorithm, or a missing patch or update in both Acrobat and the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines