Exit

Error attempting to copy in Adobe Pro

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I try to copy a selection in Adobe Pro, I get an error message:

"There was an error while copying to the clipboard. Internal error."

This occurs whether I use Ctrl+C or right-click and select "Copy" (i.e., copy without formatting). 

Frustratingly, I used to be able to do this without any problems. It suddenly started happening about a week ago. I've been able to use a variety of cumbersome workarounds (e.g., export the document to MS Word), but this can't go on.

I am using Adobe Pro v. 22.003.20282 on Windows 11. 

I have tried repairing the installation using the Adobe installer. 

I cannot easily provide procmon logs, as I do not have admin privileges, this being my employer's computer.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ryan27651670e2zo 

Sorry to hear about your experience, and thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps performed. 

Are you experiencing this issue with a specific document while copying the text?

Is it possible for you to share a sample file with us for testing? If yes, then. 

You can upload the file on Document Cloud web https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ and share the link with us here or via Private Message.

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Meanwhile, disable the following security setting and see if that makes a difference.

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat.

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. Fortunately, my IT guys were able to fix the issue by having me do a hard reset of the computer. It turns out that "Shut Down" doesn't actually accomplish a hard reset. Only "Restart" does. Once I did that, Adobe Pro worked properly right away.

But, for what it's worth, the problem was secular. Every document I tried, whether directly in Adobe Pro, in my browser using the Adobe extension. It also didn't matter whether the document was originally text or whether I had to do an OCR first. No matter what I tried to copy, it always threw the same error.

I'm just glad a proper reset was able to fix it.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines