• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message regarding password length

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a pdf from a Word document and set up protection suing an 8 character password. Then I had to make some changes in Word and re-created the PDF.  But this time, when I tried to apply the password, Adobe gave me the message that the password needs at least 6 characters. I tried using a longer one but no matter what I did, Adobe would not accept my password selection. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Hi @deirdre531 

We are sorry for the trouble. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/set-pdf-passwords-fewer-than-six-characters-long.html and see if that works for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @deirdre531 

We are sorry for the trouble. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/set-pdf-passwords-fewer-than-six-characters-long.html and see if that works for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for replying to my message! After some more effort on my part I realized that it was my error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I am running into the same issue. I have tried so many times with 12 characters with combination of letters, numbers and special characters.   please advise. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try workaoround #2 as indicated, I get an error message that the encryption failed.

Acrobat_E_message-2.gif

Any ideas on a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delayed response.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20310 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines