• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: The Selected Color Format is not supported

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started using Acrobat DC but I keep getting this message when I try to create a PDF from the scanner: 'The Selected Color Format is not supported'. How do I correct this?

Thanks.

iMac running Sierra 10.12.6

Canon TS8150 printer/scanner

Acrobat DC v.2020.006.20042

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Hi Pete,

Rather than wait for something to be fixed, I'd suggest you bypass the problem in the first place (and get much better results in the process).

When you are scanning from Acrobat, Acrobat is NOT doing the scanning. In the past, a small application on computers called "Twain" passed the scanning request to the scanner's software which would do the scanning. Many years ago Apple stopped using Twain because of potential virus abuse. To still provide scanning capabilities to other appli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been faced earlier as well. Here is the link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/selected-color-format-is-not-supported-error/td-p/8571282/pag...

And this issue has not been fixed.

My regards are with you. You will have to wait until this issue is fixed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Rather than wait for something to be fixed, I'd suggest you bypass the problem in the first place (and get much better results in the process).

When you are scanning from Acrobat, Acrobat is NOT doing the scanning. In the past, a small application on computers called "Twain" passed the scanning request to the scanner's software which would do the scanning. Many years ago Apple stopped using Twain because of potential virus abuse. To still provide scanning capabilities to other applications, Apple created Image Capture which is a do-all application that not only can scan but can also help retrieve photos of your phone or camera. Unfortunately it does both very very poorly. (I'm a Mac user since 1985 so I certainly am not anti-Apple.)

Simply stated, Image Capture is the worst piece of scanning junk in existence. For your own good, stay away, far away from Image Capture.

What I recommend instead is the scanning software that came with your scanner. If it's been some time since you've used it, I do recommend that you get a new, fresh copy.

Scan your items with that software and save each page/item into a folder on your desktop (for easy finding after you're done). For best quality results, save as TIF, not jpg. A single letter sized document saved as tif will be about 40 MB, don't be thrown off by this. If you take one page and drag it onto the Acrobat icon in your Dock, Acrobat will automatically convert it into a PDF and will OCR it. If you drag two (or more) at once onto Acrobat, it will ask you if you want them all to be merged into one document or to remain as separate documents. 

FWIW, I've been using this process for some 20 years with great success.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary_sc, I have read your reply re: color management. This has only happened to me this week, one day it was fine, next day I got this error message. I didn't change anything or do any adjustments. Everything has been fine for the past 2 years. I'll try your work-around for my Mac. Thank you! Sara Denbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Here is a bit more information on scanning documents. I hope you find this helpful:

http://photosbycoyne.com/Gary's_Help/Scanning/clean-scanning.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary - apologies for taking so long to reply! Thanks for the tip - I'm now doing it how you suggested and as you say, it's a whole lot better.

Cheers,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

If you could tap the "Like" option I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - no problem Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this isn't actually an answer?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peteb

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the problem still persists, please update the Adobe Acrobat DC to the new version 20.009.20063 available. Go to Help > Check for updates and see if that helps.

You may also refer to the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html) and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines