Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

ERROR :this selected image could not be converted and placed in document

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We are having users that suddenly are not able to add images into a .pdf. Everything has worked the same way until today. The users have used the same files the same way up until this morning when it did not work, any ideas of what might have changed? They have tried multiple file types and they still get the error. Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021
I managed to work around this issue by finding an older version of "ImageConversion.api" as per Slurm5E36's advice here - Solved: Can't add image to pdf - Adobe Support Community - 10471911

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich, 

Sorry to hear that's happening to you and your users.

Have you started experiencing this issue immediately after installing certain update? If yes, then could you please confirm the exact version of your Acrobat DC? 

Also, here is a similar discussion about the same issue https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/can-t-insert-image-into-pdf/m-p/11832956  please try a few tips and trick given there. 

Let us know if that doesn't give any luck.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar issue in the two latest versions of Acrobat DC. 21.007.20091 and 21.005.20060

I've tried the workaround but it doesn't fix the issue. I keep getting the error "The selected image could not be converted and placed in the document" and I have attempted it with mulitple images.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to work around this issue by finding an older version of "ImageConversion.api" as per Slurm5E36's advice here - Solved: Can't add image to pdf - Adobe Support Community - 10471911

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines