Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR :this selected image could not be converted and placed in document

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We are having users that suddenly are not able to add images into a .pdf. Everything has worked the same way until today. The users have used the same files the same way up until this morning when it did not work, any ideas of what might have changed? They have tried multiple file types and they still get the error. Thanks in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

I managed to work around this issue by finding an older version of "ImageConversion.api" as per Slurm5E36's advice here - Solved: Can't add image to pdf - Adobe Support Community - 10471911

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich, 

Sorry to hear that's happening to you and your users.

Have you started experiencing this issue immediately after installing certain update? If yes, then could you please confirm the exact version of your Acrobat DC? 

Also, here is a similar discussion about the same issue https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/can-t-insert-image-into-pdf/m-p/11832956  please try a few tips and trick given there. 

Let us know if that doesn't give any luck.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar issue in the two latest versions of Acrobat DC. 21.007.20091 and 21.005.20060

I've tried the workaround but it doesn't fix the issue. I keep getting the error "The selected image could not be converted and placed in the document" and I have attempted it with mulitple images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to work around this issue by finding an older version of "ImageConversion.api" as per Slurm5E36's advice here - Solved: Can't add image to pdf - Adobe Support Community - 10471911

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!
Specifically with the api 15.6.30279.211677 (google it, I found it on pconlife)

Thanks a lot @defaultjw349lfn7u2w 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rich, 

I have this problem and I uninstall Adobe and reinstalled in several times and no solution yet.

I have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

Could you please help to solve this issue since I cannot put any image whatsoever in any PDF file or blank file?

Please let me know.

Attach you will find the error I get when I tried to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!  Same issue.  Just started for me today.  Error:  the image could not be converted and placed."   Why is this happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

Could you please confirm the complete workflow you do? Are you using images from a particular source?

Try to create an image file locally and then try to add it. Check if you get the same behavior.

Share the current Acrobat and OS version you are using on the machine.

Did you make any changes recently that may have affected the workflow?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines