Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Error when trying to convert word doc to pdf

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that is experiencing some issues with her adobe acrobat when converting a word doc to pdf.

She will open up adobe and drag a word document into it. Normally it converts the document into a pdf with no issue. However, now she receives this error message:

default81uhazxfh42b_0-1626102068949.png

I have tried it under my user profile on her computer and had the same issue. I ran a repair aswell and had no luck resolving the issue. The location of the file is on our network and I have no problems doing this process on my laptop, just hers. Any suggestions to resolve this issue? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. 

Looking at the above scenario, it seems the problem with the end user's user profile. Since you have been able to drag and drop the file from network location to convert it into PDF, then your user profile must have been Admin and your colleague's User.

As per the error message, the file is not accessible to her as its damaged, so she needs to save/download it locally on her computer first and then convert to PDF. 

You need to check the network drive permission as well and see if she can access any other file or not.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines