• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors when converting a pdf form to a jpeg for use as a social post

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a base image for a pdf form in InDesign, then saving it as a 1200 x 628 px jpeg file (72 ppi). I then open it in Acrobat and set up form fields and an image placeholder for a headshot, so that my client can add their headshot and edit the fields to add their name and a brief bit of text. The intention is that my client will be able to then save that completed form as a jpeg that can be used to post on social media.

When trying to export it as a jpeg image, she gets an error message saying "The image is too wide to output. Please crop it or reduce resolution and try again."

I am using a Mac, and my client is using a PC and says she has Acrobat DC. Any thoughts on what could be the issue? Thanks in advance. –N.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nmmichon,

As error message says, "The image is too wide to output. Please crop it or reduce resolution and try again" seems this must be causing issue with a specific PDF which has a pdf page with the large content.

Please checkout the similar discussions where similar issue has been addressed and resolved and see if that works for you.

- https://acrobatusers.com/forum/general-acrobat-topics/pdf-jpeg/

- https://answers.acrobatusers.com/The-Image-wide-output-Please-crop-reduce-resolution-again-q10647.as...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Amal. I'm not finding any solutions for my situation in those links, but I appreciate your efforts.

It may have to do with settings (of which I've tried just about every variation, in InDesign and in Acrobat), but I suspect there are differences in the versions of Acrobat, as well as platforms (Mac vs. PC) that everyone is using, that may be the root cause. Also, I think we have all been forced into using tools such as Acrobat, MS Word and Powerpoint for purposes they were never intended to serve. Creating a pdf form, so an end user can create social media posts, is, I think, an example of that.

All of that said, I am open to trying other ideas, if anyone has other thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your file, or a sample?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JR, I'm attaching an example here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this issue with Acrobat Pro DC on Windows, event when importing large images ( > 4 Mb).

You should ask you client to send you one of the image she used, just to be sure that it's not a 150 Mb CMYK Tiff, or worse…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying, JR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines