• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel for Mac 2016 SaveAsAdobePDF.xlam Loading issue

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a user opens Excel app on Mac 2016 after startup, they receive a window that says Loading: SaveAsAdobePDF.xlam. The window does not show loading complete nor does it close. In the meantime the Excel app will open, but cannot be edited or saved. The user will have to force quit the app, then restart. After that, the app will open and function as normal.

I have been told that this add-in comes from Acrobat to ensure that fonts and hyperlinks are preserved. I wanted to know if there have been any other reports of this occurring. 

We have removed the Excel Add-in Saveasadobepdf from the Developer tab and the window no longer appears, but I wanted to investigate if this may be a larger issue or if this Add-in may create further problems for more users.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to macOS Big Sur and this problem (Loading: SaveAsAdobePDF.xlam) appeared.  I'm on version 11.6.6.   Any ideas on a fix?

macadamfd_0-1654266626120.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue. I have macOS Big Sur and my Excel is version 16.63.1.  I don't have any add-ins to remove.  What is the fix for this?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems.  Could you help me please with any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out that the user's Mac had Excel to launch at log in. It seemed that when Excel launches at login, it doesn't connect properly to the xlam file or that the timing for the loading of the xlam is off when Excel launches at login.

Going to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items and removing the Excel app worked in this case. I am not sure if it will work in all other cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue when I go to open any Excel or other Microsoft document, though I do not have them set up to open at startup. The document won't open and sits frozen until force-quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had multiple crashes with Excel startup due to this bug until I unchecked, and then removed, SaveAsAdobePDF.xlam from my Excel Startup folder. However, Excel still shows a popup "Loading SaveAsAdobePDF.xlam" window when it starts up, although the window disappears quickly.  And it also shows "Saveasadobepdf" under "Tools/Excel Add-ins/Add-ins available", although the checkbox next to it is unchecked. I don't think I've had further Excel crashes, although Excel is not opening at login. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines