• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel hyperlinks not working after convert to PDF

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using your Acrobat Pro XII trial version, I am running Excel 2016 for PC.  I have hyperlinks in my excel form and when I convert it to PDF they do not transfer over.  I have tried "Save as" a PDF and also "Print", save as PDF, convert the Excel file to PDF using Adobe PDF maker. none will work. 

Please help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

The problem is that you've created your links via a macro - for the link to work, Excel needs to execute the HYPERLINK macro, and get it's target from a different cell. No macros in an Excel document are getting converted to JavaScript in the PDF file. If you create your links as true links (Insert>Hyperlink), then the link will survive the conversion to PDF. You have two options: You can either convert your links in the Excel documents to true (and static) links, or you can add your links manua

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links exported from Excel to a PDF are suboptimal in Adobe Acrobat DC if the link is in a merged cell. Merged cell links may not work or only work in one area and not others where the text is or is not. Be sure your link is in a unique cell for best results. Using PC, Excel 2016. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been having a similar issues.... this may apply to you as well... I thought I had an issue, until I realized that it is hyperlinking to PDF **BUT** because I merged a bunch of cells to fit the hyperlink, it only recognized the first cell in the merge. Basically, simple solution was to unmerge the hyper link text, then insert the link across several cells, instead of just one cell. The text will still show up across all the cells, as long as there is no text in the cells adjacent to it. I hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read through the list of 'solutions' and none of them worked for me. What I ended up having to do is save the file as an html page and then print the html page to PDF. This ended up converting the hyperlinks to PDF. I know it's a little bit of a hack, but it worked for me. Hopefully this is helpful to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every way possilbe using Excel and can't get it to work. What I did do what import my spreadheet into google docs, and then "download" the spreadsheet as a PDF. That maintained the hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: into Google SHEETS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines