Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Existing Digital ID not showing up

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe Acrobat is the app I regularly use to sign pdf documents, somehting I do on a daily basis.

I recently installed a new digital certificate in my computer (Windows 10, 64bits), since the old one was about to expire. It works fine in browsers and apps, with the exception of Adobe Acrobat PRO (Core version 22.768). The problem is as follows:
- When I try to digitally sign a document, the new certificate does not appear in the list of available IDs.
- I tried to update the list in the "popup window", I tried to setup a new ID from that menu, I tried to "repare the installation", but nothing seems to work.
- On the other hand, if I go to preferences>signatures>IDs and trusted certificates this new certificate shows up with the rest.

I can still sign pdf documents with other apps, but I would like to be able to keep doing it with Adobe Acrobat.

Any help is appreciated.
Best,
Julio.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @julio27470452xo7y,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat DC.

Would you mind updating the application to the latest version (2022.003.20282)?

Also, you may want to check if the certificate is enabled for signature or not. You can reference from the given link on how to work with signatures: Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Souvik, thanks for the prompt reply.

I already have the latest version of Acrobat DC (2022.003.20282). Also, the certificate is enabled for signature, since I can sign with no problems using other applications. Regarding the link you gave me, I have already checked it beforehand, and I did not see any useful information for fixing my problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Julio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @julio27470452xo7y,

Thank you for the input. Would you mind sharing the issuer of the certificates and a screen recording of the workflow? This would help us understand the issue better and assist you accordingly.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Souvik:
The issuer of the certificate is AC FNMT Usuarios Ceres (I have been using its certificates with no problem for the last 5 years).
You can view/download a screen recording of the workflow from the following link:

https://bit.ly/Digital_ID_Issue

Please, let me know if you need something else.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Julio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @julio27470452xo7y,

Thank you for sharing the details. 

Issues with FNMT certificates have been identified at our end and the team is working to get it fixed in the upcoming update.

We are sorry for your experience and would request your kind understanding and patience while we get the fix live.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Souvik, thanks a lot for your reply.

I would appreciate if you could use this thread to keep me updated with any progress made on your end to fix the issues with FNMT certificates.

Best regards,
Julio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure @julio27470452xo7y,

We will update you about the fix soon.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @S S. , are there any updates on this issue?

I read all the thread and looked at the video posted by @julio27470452xo7y  and I have the exact same issue. One of the three certificates I have installed and enabled for Digital Signature does not show when I try to add the signature to a pdf document in Adobe Acrobat Reader 2022.003.20282 . The certificate is issued by AC FNMT Usuarios Ceres, like for @julio27470452xo7y . Other certificates with the same issuers work fine for Digital signature. 

Could uninstalling and reinstalling the software solve the issue?

If not, when is the next update with the fix due?

Thanks.

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m27710621gwpz,

Sorry to hear that. Since this is a bug identified at our end and our team is working on getting the fix released in the next update, reinstalling the application might not help.

Even though I cannot commit an exact date for the release of the update, it will be released at the earliest.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have the same issue, and have benen trying to follow all your possible solution on your web, and I still have the problem.

Please what is the solution??

I have deleted , reinstalled, deleted everything and still the same problem. 

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Beni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @benny28698305yxbo,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Our team investigated the scenario with FNMT certificates; Acrobat allows only those digital Ids for signing the document that has specific values of KU and EKU. 

You can get details at the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/DigSig/changes.html#id2

You may want to check with the certificate's IT team or issuer to get the specific values mentioned in the help article, and the certificates should work fine.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DId this issue ever get resolved and if so how?  We have the same issue where we can only see 2 out of 5 digital signatures in the "Sign in with DigitalID" window although they all show up in the Preferences Signature Identities.   Not sure how to make them reappear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention we are using Entrust Entelligence v.10.90.0.58 and trying to digital sign using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 32 bit v23.003.xxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Dee31089426yq0o,

Sorry for the trouble.

I suggest checking in with the steps provided by the issuer on their website: Document Signing: How to Certify a PDF document in Adobe (entrust.com)

If this still does not work, you might want to check with their support team on troubleshooting steps.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines