• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding a scrollable text field in a PDF

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I need help expanding a scrollable text field in a PDF. So that I can print all the text in a text field. I've seen that it works with something called livecycle designer, but I can't find it. Is there any other adobe program that can fix it? Does it work with javascript? How do you do then?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Peter22583198ep7u 

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to say there's no direct way of printing the text of a scrollable text field. However, you can try this method of achieving it through Script:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/printing-a-fillable-pdf-form-with-scrolling-text-... 

Hope this works.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the thread you tell me about before but I can't get it to work? I put in this.getField("FieldName").textSize = 0; under Willprint like thisthis.getField("text").textSize = 0 But it doesn't expand. Then I don't know what the code for Didprint should be? Could it be that I'm in the wrong place putting it in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't expand. It will make the text smaller so that it fits in the area of the field (if possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveCycle forms are now called AEM.  They are not real PDF files, but a type of XML form called XFA. To create one you have to purchase the AEM designer. This forms technology is somewhat exclusive and marketed to the Enterprise crowd. Its an awful lot of bagage just to get an expandable field. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply 🙂 I agree, therefore I thought that maybe you can solve it with a free javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Try67 says, changing the text size to 0, sets the "auto-size" feature for the text. Meaning that the text (not the field) is auto-sized to fit the text. 

However, fields can be moved and resized with a script. But there is no reliable method for determining the size needed to fit a particluar multiline string of text. Not to mention, how are the other fields on the page going to be handled? You can't just grow one field on the page and not overlap other text and/or fields. 

So growing a field is not a practical feature for an AcroForm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Peter22583198ep7u 

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't get the right answer, so it would be wrong to fill in that I got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the right answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one they wanted to hear, of course! </s>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

------------------

(Sorry, wrong post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines