Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export part of PDF containing text

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community,

I am attempting to create an excel spreadsheet of recipes in one column and their ingredients in another; however, I find doing this manually very tedious.

Is it possible to use adobe to scan the page for the text "ingredients" and export only the following section to Excel? Perhaps column 1 would contain the recipe name and column 2 the list of exported ingredients.

Any support in resolving this issue is appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hamish28162468pc89. My wife and I also tried a variety of things to maintain our recipes. One thing we tried early was using FileMaker Pro. I figured that way; we could easily search by food type, food group, meals, recipe type, etc. The problem was that when you create a fixed layout in something like FileMaker, it doesn't flex to allow for recipes that have variation in their structure. 

Personally, I think that Excel would not be productive for similar but very different structure dynamics for how Excel works.

We tried Word, which was OK but has a few idiosyncracies (sorry, it was so long ago I forget the specifics), and ended up using Adobe InDesign. Once I created a template, it was easy to work with. Then after each recipe was done, it was easy to PDF it (from within ID) and then add them to a Binder of other PDFs. Plus, it's easy to use "Organize Pages" to place entrees with the other entrees, Marinades with Marinades, etc. 

But doing this in Excel? I would vote against that approach. Maybe others might have a different take on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible, using a custom-made script, but it's not a trivial task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines