Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Export pdf to excel

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to export various files with tables from pdf to excel, using Acrobat DC (Export PdF). When PdF file has more pages there is no problem. When PdF has only one page Adobe doesn't export very good: It makes only one row in excel with all data. For example I upload a file multi-page (it works good) and a file single-page (it doesn't works good). the file "singlepage" and the file "multipage" are the same, but single page doesn't work good. 

Ideas?! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files (multipage and singlepage) are attached in the first message, as an example 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC creates more then one row.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I meant "line", not "row".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get many lines or rows.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attach my excel. Multipage is ok, Singlepage only one line!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong with this?

Bild1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "multipage" excel I have many lines, consequently I can sum data or use formulas... In "singlepage I have the data in a single cell...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you get? Post a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

????

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

singlepage.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

multipages.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first is generated with "singlepage" pdf, the second is generated with "multipage" pdf. I like the second one, because it has many lines and I can use the data!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want many table rows?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want many lines, as you can see in the second picture. The problem is that if I export a "single-page" pdf it generates only a single line of excel, as you can see in picture n.1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@simonec40810970 I know what you are saying and it does seem odd for you. I can't duplicate it myself as your single page PDF exports to Excel properly for me and I can work with all the data there. Not sure what the issue is for you. Maybe try exporting to an .xml spreadsheet and opening that in Excel? That process worked for me as well. Probably just a hiccup in your system. Here is the file I exported successfully with Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Do you have Acrobat pro? I'm trying with Acrobat DC (Export PdF) and the result is different. I tried also in the web application of acrobat... Probably is a sort of bug of Acrobat DC. With Acrobat DC I can't export in xml. In any case thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome! I used Acrobat Pro but it should work with DC anyway as there is no reason one page vs several pages should be an issue. Sometimes we are at the mercy of the computer gods...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines