• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extend usage rights

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to allow users to save data that they type in on my PDF Form. In the older versions, I can do this by enabling the usage rights. Error message says, this document could not be reader enabled.

This anwser below was posted. This does not work as there in no reader extended pdf in the drop down, when you select save as.

Open the pdf in Acrobat.
Go to File > Save As > Reader Extended Pdf > Enable Additional Features.
This will allow users to save form data even when using Adobe Reader to view it.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Reader (rights) extending, is no longer necessary to save form data in Adobe Reader.  Hasn't been for a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat does you use? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and Reader XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader (rights) extending, is no longer necessary to save form data in Adobe Reader.  Hasn't been for a while. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should explain that once I make changes to an pdf in Live Cylce, I cannot extend usage rights, when open Live Cycle the usage rights are removed. Once the pdf is saved you have to enable them so other users can save the pdf. I hope this makes things clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the actual version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried and I get an error message that says This document could not be readed enabled. The title of the error  says "Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Readed" I have tried to do this but there is no where to do it in reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have tried to do this but there is no where to do it in reader."

Correct. Acrobat Reader can't enable this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this an LCD form? If so, you can only enable it using the Adobe Reader Rights Management tool, I believe (or whatever it's called now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Pro DC is not free, and Reader is not a replacement for it. Only Acrobat Pro DC (subscription product) can add usage rights today, and only with the latest fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines