• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract Files From a PDF Port Folio to Merged PDF File

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use "combine files into single file" daily. A typical pdf is created from pdfs from multiple applications ie autocad, office etc.  I am using a new program that only outputs my file to a pdf portfolio. The portfolio has will have multiple pdf's within it (obviously) for example we'll say pdf 1,2,3 and 4. These 4 pdf's are a total of 12 pages.

I need these 12 pages of the portfolio to be part of merged pdf file where I've combined pdfs from autocad, office. I've tried extracting the pdfs from the portfolio but when I add the indiviual pdf's (from the portfolio)  to my new combined pdf  I get 4 copies of file #1 added to the pdf and files 2-4 don't get added to the new combined pdf.

Any input would be appreciated

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

I am just focusing on your first paragraph, where you state you are creating a Portfolio instead of a combined PDF. You also state that you're "using a new program." What program is that? Are you using a new version of Acrobat or some other program?

If it's Acrobat, when you go to combine files, there is a gear icon in that window. If you click on that, you can turn off, by unchecking, the option to create Portfolios

2022-06-24_11-53-09.png

Would that solve all your problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Using Acrobat Pro 2017

I am trying to merge pdf's into a single document (pdf). One of the
sources that I want to merge will only create a pdf portfolio of the files
that I want to merge into the master file.

So.... Master merged file = (1 page pdf from Autocad) + (1 page pdf from
Word) + ( 4 pdf's in a pdf portfolio).

When I to merge the files only one of the files within the portfolio merge
and it produces 3 copies of itself so 3 of the portfolio pdfs are not
included within the master file - even if I extract the files from the
portfloio

The portfolio seems to be the problem

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's probably a good reason it does that. For example, if the files are signed it means they can't be merged to a single PDF, or if they were created using LiveCycle Designer, or if they have form fields with the same names (which will overwrite some of the data) or same names but different types (which will prevent merging entirely).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines