• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract pages from a digitally signed document.

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

I have some documents (i.e. bills) which are digitally signed. Those documents have more than 1 page and I need to send out just the first page (summary).

The issue comes because I cannot extract just one page in order to send it. Right now, what I do is:

• export documento into word
  • save the word document as pdf
  • extract just the first page

As you can see this is time consuming. How can I do that without that efford?

I do not see the point of not allowing to remove the signature.

How can I do that easily?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If we get this right, then you have been trying to extract the first page of a digitally signed document (bill). 

The issue comes because I cannot extract just one page in order to send it.

If document is not locked, then following these steps Acrobat>Organize Pages>Extract Pages you extract pages. Else, you need to follow the same steps mentioned above. 

I do not see the point of not allowing to remove the signature.

The purpose of applying signature or digital signature is to secure the document and verify the authenticity of the documents you send and receive. 

The digital signature verifies the signer's identity and ensures that the document hasn't been altered after it was signed. There's one condition to remove the signature-

If you're the only one signer, you can remove the signature and then work on the document or edit the source document.

To remove your signature, right-click the signature and then choose Clear Signature. Else, you cannot. 

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be aware that even if you do extract pages using the methods shown above, they will not be signed, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point in time, I do not care about the signature, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, Akanchha.

It is clear the function of a signature of a document: to ensure that document has been altered. And this is important for the sender, not for the receiver. Let me explain:

The sender signs the document and he/she is sure that document cannot be changed. But, if there is a mechanism for deleting the signature, the reciever cannot forge the document and sign it again with senders certificate. Therefore, the document is not valid anyway

Having a signed document has limitations for the reciever, like extrating pages. In my case, I need to send just the summary page to others, but I do not want to send details. In my use case, I do not care about the fact that document is altered or not. That is a different issue.

Another use case can be to append all the bills in one document. When they are signed, I cannot do that. It is clear the I loose security but at this point on time, I do not care (and my provider do not care either).

In some cases, I have to go to an external provider for printing and instead of sending one single document with all my bills, I need to send it one by one and tell them to print only the first page (a pain in the neck!)

When you mention "Else, you need to follow the same steps mentioned above. ". Do you mean to export it to word?

Can you see how stupid that way of doing it?

Maybe solution could be that I could extract one page and pdf includes something like "document not signed / valid" or something.

Hope you understand my point here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking at the latest update of Acrobat Pro (2/23).  It no longer allows the extraction of every page of a signed document.  In fact, it doesn't allow an extraction from a signed document at all.  I can do it from unsigned.  Sometimes extractions from signed documents are needed.  Any help appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines