• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extracting Specific Data to Excel Sheet

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get specific lines of data from an all ready created pdf. I would like to get this data into an Excel spread sheet. I need to get the data from multiple PDF's (at the same time) where the data is formatted in the same template but the data is not in a data table and the lines are not near each other.  I have been using Prepare Forms Tool to create text fields but when I try to merge data fields I get an Excel sheet that has my text field names but the columns are empty. Can any one help me with this please? I do not want to use a third program to accomplish this.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the data is regular PDF page text then form fields are not going to help. There is an Acrobt Preference that will cause page text to be extracted when you draw a Rectangle Markup Annotation around it. This could be one approach to a solution.  However, to automatically extract text and place it into a file that can be read by Excel requires either a custom automation script, or a plug-in.  Depending on how your text is formatted and placed, it may or may not be possible to automatically find and extract it. From your description it sounds like its at least partially possible to automate this.

PM me on this forum if you are interested in a custom solution. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines