• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faint pdfs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SEND PDFs OF MY TYPED MANUSCRIPTS FOR RE=TYPING. TONER IS GTTING LOW IN MY PRINTER AND THE PDFs ARE FAINT. HOW CAN I SCAN AT HIGHER CONTRST/BLACKNESS? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidh24280568 

Thanks for reaching out.

We assume you using Adobe Acrobat for scanning a document to PDF? If yes, then. 

In Windows, you can either use the Autodetect Color Mode and let Acrobat determine the paper document’s content type or use other presets (Black & White DocumentGrayscale DocumentColor Image, and Color Document) based on your judgment. You can configure the scanning presets or use the Custom Scan option to scan with the settings of your choice.

Please read this help article for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scan-documents-pdf.html

Also, read the section under Scan a paper document to PDF using Autodetect Color Mode (Windows) 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that quick advice

David Hamilton
[PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED BY MODERATOR - THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM NOT ADOBE SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the connection between toner and PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toner in my printer was low. Hence Word text manuascipts when printed was faint. Hence the PDF made from the faint Word manuscipt was also faint and difficult to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a printer for the conversion from Word to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do, don't you, if there are multiple handwritten corrections on the Word manuscript. I menioned 're-typing' originally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Photoshop to improve contrast and darken the scanned type, however, Photoshop won't correct all pages at once. Another option is to use a preflight profile to adjust the midtone curve which should darken the type, as long as it's not too faint to begin with. The profile will apply the correction to all pages of your pdf and can be repeated if necessary. The default profile is set to reduce the midtone by -10%, you will need to first duplicate the existing profile from the fly-out menu, then click on the "Edit" button and change the value to +25% (see attached screen shot). Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups (blue wrench icon).

Midtone correction.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super. Sounds just what I need.

Thanks, Luke

David H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if you get stuck or don't see a change, you can select all colors (Apply to...) under the dot gain settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke - no sign of 'Preflight' in my Acrobat. Maybe only in 'Pro'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's possible. I assume you went to Tools> Print Production, and Preflight was not there.

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 12.47.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct.

It was a 50 page chapter for my (distant) typist, heavily corrected with soft graphite pencil marks which scanned nicely

The printer, though working, needed a toner top-up.

I won't make that mistake again.

Seems odd that the PDF scanning intensity can't be cranked up painlessly in basic Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines