• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faulty document view

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'workbase basics' advice on acrobat says: "The menu bar and the toolbar are visible at the top of the work area."  They are not on mine and don not look anything like the picture.  There is limited info at the top of the document and a minimal toolbar on then right hand side.  I have tried both repairing and uninstalling and reinstalling but that makes no difference.  I am running Acrobat 64-bit 22.003.20282 on Windows 11.  How can I get back to the old view which I know and love please?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Thanks Amal.

I have just uploaded Acrobat within my current sub to a new PC so had no idea there was a new version.
You will see I have supplied a screenshot in response to Eric's request.  As you can see there is no View tab to use - hence my problem
Francis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Switch to the old version:

Amal_0-1661253905077.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share a screenshot of your view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eric - as attached
Francis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @francisc75144729 

Hope you are doing well.

++ Adding to the discssion.

Are you referring to the new, modern user interace for Acrobat and Reader? If yes,  Users can switch between the old and new UI by choosing View > Enable|Disable New Acrobat (Mac) or Hamburger menu > Enable|Disable New Acrobat (Windows)

For more information, please go through the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Preferences_by_version/Windows/07_12_2022.html

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal.

I have just uploaded Acrobat within my current sub to a new PC so had no idea there was a new version.
You will see I have supplied a screenshot in response to Eric's request.  As you can see there is no View tab to use - hence my problem
Francis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to the old version:

Amal_0-1661253905077.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - all sorted now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @francisc75144729 

We are glad to hear that all is sorted out now.

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently, we are all supposed to know what a hamburger menu is (three horizontal lines), even though this is mainly a convention on mobiles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines