Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Feature Request - Can you allow me to select groups of pages inside a pdf and send to a new file?

May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently right now I have to create two files when breaking up files.

I know I can cut and paste but can you allow me to right click or add an option to send to a new file that I can name at the time of creation?

Currently right now, you allow me to extract but I don't have a lot of control. In the screenshot below, Adobe Acrobat decides to split out the files I've selected individually but that's not what I want. I need them grouped and I want to be able to assign a file name to it.

See Screenshots attached.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021
Hi, Can you not just uncheck the box next to "Extract Pages As Seperate Files" ? That creates a separate file, and opens it, so a save as and I am sorted. If that does not help then you can check for you feature here and vote it up or add it if you can't find it. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html I wouldn't hold my breadth waiting for it though.

Translate

Translate
You can drag the selected pages to a folder (or even the desktop), and they'll be extracted as a single file. Then you just need to rename it.

Translate

Translate
You rename it like you would any other file on your system.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you not just uncheck the box next to "Extract Pages As Seperate Files" ?

That creates a separate file, and opens it, so a save as and I am sorted.

BarlaeDC_0-1620832138356.png

If that does not help then you can check for you feature here and vote it up or add it if you can't find it.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

I wouldn't hold my breadth waiting for it though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option in Windows but I'll look again. I'll post what I have.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag the selected pages to a folder (or even the desktop), and they'll be extracted as a single file. Then you just need to rename it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's revisit this....

I have the options. I don't know why it was checked but this time it wasn't checked.

But when I do the extraction it only pulls out the files to clipboard or something (see screenhot)

Let me look at these other options. Extraction may not be the right menu/option I want to do.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I rename the page they are extracted to? I see. At the save Adobe allows you to reduce size and give a new file name

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rename it like you would any other file on your system.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to learn how to be more productive with Adobe products. My background is Microsoft and their UI is different than Adobe. Sorry. Scanning these books and trying to manipulate all this stuff to save space is kind of a pain. I'm doing chapter by chapter at a time now but it's takes forever. I want relief and this is why I posted here. In the past, I used to scan the whole book and then tried to clean it up and that was simply unbearable.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines