• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File location for converting PDFs

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right click on a Word document and select Convert to PDF (using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC), it always pulls up some different file location?  Does anyone know if it's possible to default to the folder you're currently in?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Hope you are doing well.

If I right click on a Word document and select Convert to PDF (using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC), it always pulls up some different file location?

Looking at the description given above, it seems that your "Save to PDF" command saves the PDF file in your PDF saved location rather than in the same folder as the file (Word, Excel, etc...)

Ideally, if you are using Word's Save As dialog box, the PDF would default to the same folder as the original *.docx file.

Please confirm the following details:

1- Have you installed any recent MS Office updates or upgraded Windows?

2- Your current version of Adobe Acrobat DC.

3- Are you using MS Office's Save as PDF or the Save as Adobe PDF option? 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue occurs across multiple computers and multiple versions of Adobe. But the one I'm working on now is Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, version 2022.001.20169.

We do regularly update Windows & Office, but this is not a new issue. It's been this way for as long as I can remember, in any environment.

The issue does not occur inside Adobe or Word, but when you right click on a document in Windows File Explorer to convert it to a PDF.  I've included a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. The PDF is saving to the folder where I previously saved a Word file as a PDF instead of where the Word file is located. For all the years I have used Word and Acrobat Pro/DC, the Save as PDF defaulted to the folder where the Word document was located. I've lost so much time trying to find files that I KNOW I saved as a PDF only to find them in a different folder. I had wondered if saving files to a SharePoint site could be the reason. I don't have that much hair to pull out, so any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI

Word Version 2202 (Build 15427.20210 Click toRun)

Adobe Acrobat DC Version 2022.002.20191

Windows Edition Windows 10 Business Version 21H2 / Installed on ‎6/‎9/‎2022 / OS build 19044.1889 /Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming the version. 

Allow us some time to investigate this further. 

Additionally, it would be really helpful if you share the-

Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and share them via document cloud as explained here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

ProcmonLogs :

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're in discussion with the engineering, and to further investigate this, we've required the log files.

Please share the system log files requested above, as this would help us to identify the root cause of the issue.

Also, a screen recording of your complete workflow would be super helpful. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's Jan 2024 and my version of Acrobat Pro (2023.008.20470) continues to have this annoying feature.  And btw, getting the version information is also a pain- I can't copy/paste from the About window, instead I have to squint and manually type the number in (really????? come on!)

Anyway, my workflow- a list of Word files. I right-click each file to do a convert to PDF.  It always prompts me to save it to some other folder that I might have saved to weeks ago.  It seems to remember the last path when you saved to PDF from within an open Word file.  Whether I save to PDF from an open Word file, or from right-clicking on the name of a .docx file, it should ALWAYS default to the current folder.  If you want to give the users some flexibility, then add a checkbox to say "Remember last save path" or something like that.  If it's not checked, then the default is the current folder.  How many decades have to go by before this is fixed???  And no, I'm not sending any logs/schmogs/dillydogs or anything else except my adivce to please fix this in 2024!!!!  THANK YOU.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That reads a bit rude sorry- but it's out of chronic frustration. 

Suggestions welcome.

PS- we do not have any regedit capabilities due to IT security infrastructure at our company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines