• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill & Sign Data Missing

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used "Fill & Sign" to complete a PDF form. It looked fine when I saved it, but when I reopned it later, all of the text was missing, but not the signature. When I search for the text I entered, it highlights where the text should be, but the highlighted box is blank.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David!

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble caused.

As mentioned above, the text does not appear on the PDF form. However, it gets highlighted when you search it.

That seems the text is still there but not visible.

Would you mind sharing the PDF with us so we can look at it?

Did you check if the issue occurs with other PDFs?

Share the Acrobat and OS version numbers.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the file by private message. This is the first time I've tried "Fill & Sign" so I don't know if it occurs with other PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the PDF.

We have checked the file and can replicate the behavior. 

Would it be possible to share the original file that is not filled? It will help us to further investigate the issue.

Also, confirm if the issue occurs with this particular PDF. Try creating a form using a Word file and then create a PDF. Check if you experience a similar issue.

Share the Acrobat and OS versions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the blank file. I'm using Acrobat Pro DC

• Architecture: x86_64
    Processor: Intel
    Build: 22.1.20169.0
    AGM: 4.30.119
    CoolType: 6.2.3
    JP2K: 2.0.6.50420

on MacOS 12.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David!

We checked the PDF and tried replicating the behavior in the same environment. It worked fine on our end.

Could you please confirm if a single person fills the complete document?

As we checked the form, we see that it has some form fields added to it that do not require the Fill & Sign tool to fill the form. You can directly click on areas to add text or signature.

This seems to be a file-specific issue and depends on how the form was created. Did you create the PDF form?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was the only one to fill out the form. I didn't create the form. It still seems to be a bug in Acrobat. If I click on the invisible text and change it to bold or italics, it appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the complete workflow of filling the PDF and then reopening it after it is saved with filled-in information? As the issue is not reproducible at our end, it will help us to further investigate the issue.

Also, share the screen recording of the workflow you have mentioned above that makes the text reappear in PDF.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines