• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Fill & Sign" - uncheck a box

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I cannot uncheck a box with "Fill & Sign" once the file is saved.  Is this a bug or per designed?

Here's how to recreate the problem:

Adobe Acrobat 2023.001.20174 x64 for Windows

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (OS Build 22621.2428)

1) Open a PDF file with some checkboxes.  This is NOT a fillable PDF.

2) Click the "Fill & Sign" button.

3) Hover the mouse over one of the checkboxes.  Acrobat is intelligent enough to detect that is a check box and change the mouse icon to a checkmark.  I click the mouse to get the checkbox checked.

4) I save and close the PDF file.

5) I reopen the PDF file.  Click the "Fill & Sign" button.

6) I hover the mouse over the previous checkbox (that's already been check).  Now Acrobat is not able to detect it's a checkbox.  The mouse icon remains as the text input icon (the icon looks like "IAb").  If I hover the mouse over an unchecked checkbox, Acrobat is able to detect that's a checkbox.

Is there a way to uncheck a checkbox with "Fill & Sign"?  Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20355 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/3uCcypF and check

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  Have you tried this yourself?  Did you see a different behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I have tried to reproduce the issue and its working fine at my end. Would you mind sharing the PDF file in question so we can check it at our end?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines