Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill and Sign Issues

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

We've been experiencing issues with Acrobat DC where the screen greys out when trying to create or add a signature. I've seen other topics on this issue but none of those fixes have worked. I installed Adobe Creative Cloud and then installed Acrobat. I've made sure that the native OS box is checked as I'm on a Macbook Pro 2021 M1. I've also unchecked use modern interface for signing. Has this issue been resolved or is there plans in the work to resolve this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattty V

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the toruble.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) installed Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check if the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and check.

As you have already tried some troubleshooting steps with no luck, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also stry to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

I currently have version 2022.001.20112 (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC). Checking for updates gives me error: 301. So I've uninstalled/reinstalled but still get that error.

The fill and sign issue happens with multiple PDFs. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences and use the application in the new test user profile as described earlier and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

Issue still remains on new profile as well. Is this an issue for devices with the M1 processor? I used Acrobat online via chrome browser and it works correctly there, which clearly points to this being an app issue. Please advise. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue you are experiencing? Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via the document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, 

I attached the video. Also I just learned that the same issue is happening when people are using the redacting feature as well. In regards to the logs they've been uploaded to the log collector portal. The file name is:

AdobeLogs_20220610_104604_446-mac-GS

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, 

Matt Villescas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I just bought a MacBook Pro, downloaded Acrobat DC and tried to put wet signature. I saved signature sample  in preferences but  it does not show up when I try to put it on a document. Clicking on + signature makes my screen grey. I wish you did not change anything in older versions and get paid for sitting on your asses doing nothing. Your improvements make users' life horrible. It's like the Idiocracy is already here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt

Thanks for sharing the details and sorry for the delay in response.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC  22.1.20142 is now available. Please try to update the application to the recent version. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check if that helps.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

[Edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

Issue remains after successful update and reboot. Please have your engineering team reach out if they have any questions. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thank you for confirming that.

We have raised this issue with our engineering team.  We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have this issue since years iand  iwas never able to fix it in any way.

I must use acrobat dc to sign documents even if paying lots of money for a enterprise license.

Please make some pressure on this fault that is really something needing to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal, 

It's been a while and the issue is still not resolved. Can you please provide an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to keep you waiting.

Please check if the issue still occurs with the new version 22.1.20169 . Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

If the issue still occurs, we would need the fresh logs from the affected machine, please collect the Adobe CC logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via the document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, 

We have done this before and now we seem to be going through a loop with you guys. I have provided logs, your team was supposed to investigate and you were supposed to let me know the findings of that investigation.Yet the issue is still present. How can you treat paying customers this way? This has been an issue for months now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to keep you waiting.

Please try few steps and see if that fixes the issue for you:

1. Go to Adobe Acrobat > Preferences > Signature > Creation and Appearance and Uncheck 'Use modern user interface' and click OK and reboot the computer once.

2. Please try updating the application to new version 22.1.20169 as described above.

Please share your observation.

Regards

Amal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

These are steps that have been completed already. Please see the attached screenshots. Adobe is updated, Use Modern Interface is unchecked, you can see I'm still getting a grey screen when attempting to sign or redact etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal

sorry but this no solution is around since years and never fixed this problem.

Anyway tried again both updating and unchecking Use modern interface.

No way.

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for trying out the suggestions.

We need some more information, as required by our engineering team :

1. How many users are impacted? In case you have multiple licenses please share the number of licenses.
  2. Is the issue always reproducible?
  3. After entering the Fill & Sign app, Can you wait for some time and then try to add a signature?
  4. Please share fiddler logs as well. To check if it's a network-related issue.
  5. Mac OS version?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines