Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Fillable Adobe Acrobat Forms for both user and "Office Use Only"

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am creating several fillable forms, which will be used for both clients and office use.  Is there a way to password protect a field?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lorie,

Hope you are doing well.

You can password protect a PDF in two ways, either setup a Document Open password or a Permission password to restrict editing of a PDF.

Here's how you do that: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html 

However, setting up the specific password protected form field would not be possible.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you so much for your reply, I am very aware of how to set up password protection, but I did not think it was possible to protect just a particular field within a fillable form, but thank you so very much for confirming!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it is possible, using a script (although it's far from secure).

As the custom validation code of the "office only" fields enter the following code ("123456" is the password in this case):

event.rc = (app.response("Enter the office password:")=="123456");

Note that the user will have to enter the password each time they edit the field, though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I will give it a try!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines