• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Form looks great in Acrobat Pro, totally wonky once uploaded

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a fillable form that looks perfect in Acrobat Pro (see screenshot below) and that I can send to other people who don't have pro, and they can fill it out just fine. But when I uploade it to our website, it is completely wonky (Form is here: https://www.spectrumvt.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/RC-Combined-Form-6.2.23.pdf). I'm also pasting a screenshot of this before - you can see the blue feilds are all over the place and you can't actually fill out the form. I've tried it in another browser and it works - I think the issue is the Acrobat extension in Chrome. Is there anything I can do about that? 

Sarah21831384tv5x_0-1685726016427.png

Sarah21831384tv5x_1-1685726486770.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding more info: if I turn OFF the Adobe extension, the form looks perfect, so it's clearly the extension. But, other forms we have on the site look fine with the extension turned on. So is there a way to make this form work too? 

Ones that work with the extensiion on: https://www.spectrumvt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Compass-referral.pdf

https://www.spectrumvt.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Spectrum-Housing-Referral-Form_Editable_2023-1...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to use Reader Extensions anymore. This is an artifact of the past. 

It is entirely possible that depending on the type of extension, and the type of fields on the form that the Acrobat Web tools might choke. But this is pure speculation.  I'd suggest just stopping the use of Reader Extensions.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't shoot the messenger <grin>, but most browsers can't fully render PDFs, especially those with multimedia (audio/video for example), interactivity (buttons, animations), accessibililty, and form fields.

Technically, browsers are not compliant with the PDF standards for forms and interactvity.

But lately, some browsers and plug-in manufacturers are adding better, more complete features when they render PDFs...but I don't think any provide support for PDF forms.

Our office advises our clients to post PDFs to websites and give users clear instructions to download and save the blank PDF form to their computer and use Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to open, fill in, and save the PDF form.

Some day, support for PDF forms should improve, but for now, we can depend only on Adobe's products to correctly process and render PDF forms.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines