Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Form requiring multiple users to fill and sign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - hoping someone can assist.

I've created a fillable form which is an employee reward nomination form. It needs to be filled and signed by multiple people across the business before it is completed. For example -

1. Employee's direct manager initiates form, filling out and signing 1st section.

2. They then send to department manager to approve, fill and sign.

3. From there it is sent to HR team to finalise, fill remaining details, sign and save.

The form I've created works but once the first person fills and signs, it then saves as a basic PDF and isn't able to be filled and signed by the next person.

For further context: the aim is to store the nomination form on a shared drive for employees to use regularly. So they pick it up and start editing whenever suits for them.

Is this possible? Help!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This should be possible are you user Acrobat fo create the form? if so you need to make sure the settings are such that you are only saving the document ( not flattening or marking as read only all the fields), if you are able to share a sample (or the form) we can help further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BarlaeDC,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro to create the form. Unsure of what settings you're referring to to save the document though - can you explain further?

I'm also attaching a sample page of the form -you can see there's multiple sign off sections to be filled out, all by different users at different times. This is what I'm hoping to achieve - a work flow from the first user through to the last, using the same saved document and NOT using Fill and Sign.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  I have a fillable PDF document which the 1st signatory completes and signs and then forwards onto the 2nd signatory to complete and sign their section.  How do we do this as once the 1st signatory has completed their part, the 2nd signatory is unable to fill in and sign their section.  Does one have to make 2 separate documents?  This is not ideal as one preferably wants 1 document which flows from one secti

on to the next.

Would really appreciate some guidance in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your signatures are not locking the entire form but just the fields that the person signing filled out. For example, signatory 1 would only lock fields they filled out, signatory 2 would lock fields they filled out, and so on.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this ever been answered? I have a time off request form with the same issue. Once employee completes the request, the manager cannot complete the fields to approve or deny and then sign the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had a response as yet.

Kindest regards

LYNDA FREESE | Risk and Compliance Manager
[personal contact information removed]
ATTORNEYS, CONVEYANCERS AND NOTARIES PUBLIC

DISCLAIMER
Please note :
That the Internet is an imperfect medium for the transmission of communications. Accordingly, if you accept and use the Internet as a medium of communication with this firm, we will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or corruption of such messages nor the consequences thereof.
While we take precautions to scan for and eliminate viruses, we will not be liable for any virus which may be transmitted with any communication from this office.
The information in this email and in its attachments is legally privileged. The contents may not be disclosed or used without authority. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this message in error please advise the sender then delete this email and destroy all copies of it. Unauthorised use of this email or its attachments, or any of the contents thereof, is prohibited and may be unlawful and an infringement of copyright.

Disclaimer

Please take note that J.Leslie Smith & Company Incorporated will never change banking details via email. Any notification of amended banking details that appear to come from our offices are to be ignored and disregarded.
In the event of you making payment pursuant to an email purporting to have come from our offices changing account details, you will be liable for any losses you may incur as a result thereof

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this before by making sure Sig1 locked only the necessary fields. 

I also hid the other signature fields and the email buttons.

The act of focusing on Sig1 would show Sig2 and the appropriate email button. 

Then the second person signed it, it would show Sig3 and the next email button.

And so on. This was to prevent people signing it out of order. 

PS: I did not see any actual signature fields on your form. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, the form lives on a shared drive so there isn't an 'owner' per say who can hide and only show appropriate fields.

Each user needs to fill out fields more than just add a signature as well.

I'm hoping for any employee to be able to pick up the form, initiate filling it out, then personally email it through to their relevant manager who would then fill out their section, and so on and so on.

Am I just hoping for the impossible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to know this too Cathie... I am dealing with the same type of issue with a form that different departments need to fill out (no signature). I need the fields to remain fillable after one department does their part so the next department can do theirs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a matter of having an action that locks or unlocks the appropriate fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there such an action and if so where would that be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I have the same issue.  If I need to search on how to do this, what will be the key words to search.  Thank you for all the info, but I'm still stuck.  Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not the signatures, it is the fillable fields being available for the first signer and the second signer in my case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two optons I can think of without more details...

1. Don't lock the fields you want the second signer to be able to edit.

2. Have near-identical fields for each signer: e.g., TotalAmount_S1 and TotalAmount_S1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone used this and it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  I have a fillable PDF document which the 1st signatory completes and signs and then forwards onto the 2nd signatory to complete and sign their section.  How do we do this as once the 1st signatory has completed their part, the 2nd signatory is unable to fill in and sign their section.  Does one have to make 2 separate documents?  This is not ideal as one preferably wants 1 document which flows from one secti

on to the next.

Would really appreciate some guidance in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I had a similar issue. It was an incident report form and had to have multiple people fill out. I ended up doing a workaround; Instead of signatures (which locked it), I had my users print their name and check a box saying that the information was true and complete. It worked and now I can have multiple people fill it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines