• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fillable form with data tracked in excel

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take calls all day to schedule customer appointments for our installers. I need to fill out the fillable form and have it auto save to a folder with one of the fields being the file name AND allows for exporting of all pdf data to be sent to an excel for later.

Example Customer 1 calls in. I enter all info. I print copy then would like to  save/submit form to a folder on my computer . Customer 2 calls in I repeat process above.  at end of day or week I would like to compile all the data from the fillable form of the customers data to an excel spreadsheet without having to export each pdf each time. 

Even saving them each time is an issue itself. 1.problem is the form name is what the file always saves as so obviously all customers cant have same file name. I tried web form also and that didnt work either since I am literally the only person entering the information into the form .

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is possible. A script can be used to save the file under a specific name in a specific folder, and then clear it and allow you to start over. It requires some custom development and the script file itself needs to be placed in a specific folder on the computer. If you're interested in hiring a professional to create it for you, feel free to contact me privately by clicking my user-name and then on "Send a Message".

Regarding combining the data from multiple files, that's easily done. You can use the Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet command in Acrobat to do it. You'll find it under Tools - Forms - More.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you an email from my personal email. Did you get it?-Shannon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think so, and I replied to it, but didn't hear anything back from you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines