• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Form

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a fillable form in Adobe, and I need to add a save button at the end that requires certain fields to be filled in before allowing the document to be saved. Initially, I had the button set as a submit button, which worked perfectly by not allowing submission until all required fields were completed. However, the save feature behaves differently. Despite having the fields set as required, it allows saving regardless of whether they're filled in or not.  How can I make these fields required?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moving to Acrobat>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't prevent saving entirely, as the user will always be able to use the built-in command that does it, but if you create your own Save button then you can validate the required fields first, and only if they are all filled in open the Save As dialog. Doing so would require a script, though. I've developed a (paid-for) tool that inserts the necessary code into your file to achieve it. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-validate-required-fields-before-printing-or-saving

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines