Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable PDF retaining excel integrity

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute Adobe newbie here.

I have been given Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to use without any training. I have an excel spreadsheet that I want to turn into a fillable (by others) and editable (by me and a colleague) PDF.

Workflow therefore is:

1. Person 1 fills in the excel timesheet with dates work, place of work etc, signs using sign function and sends to me.
  2. I collate and send to a batch of timesheets to person 2 to authorize using the sign function and she sends back to me.
  3. I then use the excel function to populate with rates, overtime and any other allowances.
  4. I then send to a person 3 to use sign function sign off completed timesheets and sends back to me.

I hope that makes sense? Can this be done?

I've tried to combine some sheets myself, signed and then exported from Adobe as spreadsheet but it loses all its formatting.

I've attached a sample template.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to just continue Excel functionality into a PDF form. PDF forms have their own programming language, everything must be done again. Losing formatting is expected, and probably the least of your problems. I see no reason at all to involve PDF in this work at all. Just have everyone use Excel. The pain and problems will be much less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines