• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling in Form Fields

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently, as in as of three days ago, I am no longer able to fill in form fields in a document that has worked flawlessly since December.

When I click on a field in order to enter text in it, the field now highlights with a thick border, but does not accept any keyboard entry. However, if I select one of the fields - whereupon it displays with the thick border - I can then Tab through the fields; they display as they always have and I can enter data in the field. But, this is a poor substitute as there are many fields that usualy remain blank and tabbing through is a bit annoying. I've attached an image of what the form field looks like when I click it and the context menu that pops up - which has never happened before.

Today - as in about 15 minutes ago - I discovered that, if I R-click on the field, I am able to enter text in the field as always. This is a change, but I can adapt to it easily. However, what caused the change in how to fill in forms? I've looked through the menu and can't find any setting that may have caused this change in functionality.

I'd like to get it back where I can just click on a field to enter text, because I'm used to that. But, until I can switch it back, I guess I'm stuck R-clicking.

Thanx for any assistance!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

I agree. This is a major bug that effectively prevents users from using form fields. I hope they solve it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Hi Stutz Bearcat,

Thank you for reaching out. 

The team is working on this. We will update you once the fix will be available.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed that I spelled "usually" wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in the latest version of Acrobat and Reader. We are all waiting for Adobe to solve it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they have to solve it in Minutes and not weeks as seen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is a major bug that effectively prevents users from using form fields. I hope they solve it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stutz Bearcat,

Thank you for reaching out. 

The team is working on this. We will update you once the fix will be available.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! 

The form that was fillable and working as expected just last week is not allowing keyboard entry into the text fields EXCEPT when using the tab key to access the fields.  When clicking into the field (that highlights with a thick border), a pop-up of text & signature icons show they are greyed out.  After inputing text via tabbing, the text cannot be selected via mouse for editing/deleting. This is very user-unfriendly and clients will not accept this. 

Unlike Stutz Bearcat, Right-clicking does not allow me to enter text in the field either.  

And the fields appear to be created in PDF over top of the field originally created in InDesign -- because the size of the field doesn't match that of the source file. The PDF field is 1 line height, though some of the fields created in InDesign are multi-line.

Adobe, please fix this asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stutz Bearcat and Angela PS Chan,

Thank you for your patience so far, and sorry about the delay on this.

The issue has been resolved. Please reboot the machine and then relaunch Acrobat.

Then, wait for some time and try to fill out the forms again. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Meenakshi -

Yes, the problem was fixed a few days ago, I think Friday. I opened the form and discovered that it worked as it should.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines