• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling in form prompts for saving form

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a few PDF forms to fill in, but when I left-click on the field to fill, the program automatically prompts to save the file before I can enter any text. If I save the file, under the same name or a different one, I have the same problem with the saved form. 

I checked the security settings - all permissions are granted. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing  my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC desktop application, but this didn't change anything.

It seems to be a problem on my side. The person who sent me the forms doesn't have this problem. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Saw it now. You're absolutely right. There is an action associated with all the (text) fields in this file that opens the Save As dialog as soon as you click in them, making it impossible to fill them in. Whoever created it really screwed up. They need to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to share a document that shows the problem? This would allow us toinvetigate if it is the form itself or the location it is being saved in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached one of the forms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a different PDF app (PDFescape) and there I don't have this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw it now. You're absolutely right. There is an action associated with all the (text) fields in this file that opens the Save As dialog as soon as you click in them, making it impossible to fill them in. Whoever created it really screwed up. They need to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange indeed. It does appear to be a problem specific to opening these forms in Adobe. The Save As dialog does not show up when using a different PDF program. 

Either way, thank you for your answer. I will report it back to the creator of the forms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason it's not happening in other applications is that they don't execute those actions at all, or they don't have a File - Save As menu item. Either way, the way it works in Acrobat and Reader is the "correct" one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did, two posts above 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines