• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

firefox saving when opening pdf

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a PDF link in FIrefox, the file is downloaded and opened, which is good.  It is also saved in my downloads folder, which is bad, because I have PDFs all over the place with names like "96983638-HA.pdf".  I thought downloads where saved into an Adobe Temp folder, which is automatically deleted after use?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a Firefox setting. Firefox saves whatever you download in the download folder, except you have given other instructions. If Acrobat is the designated handler for PDF files, which is not always the case, as Firefox itself can also handle PDF files, Acrobat only opens the file at the location transmitted by Firefox. Neither Firefox, nor Acrobat will delete the file afterwards, as it may well still be needed. You need to delete them manually or use a different mechanism to delete automatically.

This is from settings-option in the Firefox hamburger menu:

Abambo_0-1650402957767.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Abambo.  But this is a recent problem.  My understanding is that Adobe would open documents in some TEMP directory and then delete it when you closed the PDF.  I never used to see the PDF in my working directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines