• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flattening transparencies in Acrobat DC messes up embedded fonts

Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC's Flattener Preview messes up my fonts on pages, where there is anything to flatten. On other pages it's fine. I attached an example page with spot art that has transparent edges. Both before and after flattening this page Acrobat recognizes and lists correctly all fonts in document properties, but only the CID font (Arial) is displayed correctly. I use Arial for the bullet points - the black circle and the empty circle. The Oxygen Bold and Oxygen Regular fonts are embedded, but not subset (so not CID) and are messed up as a result. 

Lightning Source (the printing house) asks to avoid CID fonts, so I would prefer not to turn all my fonts into CID even if it would help me get around this problem with messed up embedded fonts. 

I'd appreciate if someone tried to reproduce this problem and verify whether this is a bug in Acrobat or is there some problem with the embedded font. I know there's some way to verify integrity of an embedded font in Acrobat, but I don't know how to do that.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?