• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Floating toolbar in read mode

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go into read mode a black toolbar appears on the bottom of the screen. As long as this toolbar is active the scrolling is very delayed and laggy, and the program becomes cumbersome to use. How can I disablet this toolbar or how can I make it not lag the entire program? This is on an M1 Mac

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mads26746233e3qw 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Please go through the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-sdk-discussions/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-anoying-floating-blac... and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The floating bar that emerges when in read mode is slightly different, and doesn't have the options on the right end of the toolbar. I have noticed that scrolling performance also suffers if a different program is running like Zoom or Facetime, that creates an overlay that "steals" focus like the toolbars does. Every time the focus is stolen the scrolling performance and responsiveness of the program suffers overtly. It's manageable to control other programs where this kind of performance problem interacts with acrobat, but for the build in tool bars it seems there is no easy fix (at least not for the toolbar in read mode). The toolbars themselves does not bother me, it's the performance hit that makes it a problem, so I need either a fix for the performance hit or for the toolbars : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mads26746233e3qw 

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding? You may upload the video to any cloud storage, generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can record a video, but is this because what I am mentioning isn't reproducible on your end? I'm on a Macbook Air 2020 M1, and every time any kind of overlay is occuring when acrobat is in focus, both the search function with command+f, the read mode bars, any other bar, it will dramatically slow down the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to recreate the problem with a Macboock Air 2020 M1 model - simply press command + F so the search bar appears and the scroll through the document. The performance of the program is severely affected by the presence of the search bar, and improves greatly when it disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mads26746233e3qw 

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the logs , create the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines