• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Changes When Printing to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing from Microsoft Word to PDF using Adobe PDF printer, the font is changed from the original and the kerning of the letters gets much tighter putting some of the letters on top of each other.

When compiling a PDF from Flare, the font is retained but the kerning is still all messed up.

The option to embed all fonts is enabled and has always been enabled.  Checking the option to embed open type fonts still produces the same result.

This is on a Windows 10 machine running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2022.001.20117.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Moved from Illustrator to Acrobat discussions

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

I found a solution for my own problem.  The fonts were installed for the individual user under C:\Users\UserName\Appdata\Local\...etc... and should have been installed in C:\Windows\Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how is Illustrator involved in this workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not.  I don't know how it was tagged like that.

My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution for my own problem.  The fonts were installed for the individual user under C:\Users\UserName\Appdata\Local\...etc... and should have been installed in C:\Windows\Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines