Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font family not converting from ppt to pdf

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with fonts not properly converting from PowerPoint to PDF. While I am able to get the main font in the family to convert from one format to another, I can't seem to get the formatted variants of it to do so (like bold, italicized, condensed, etc.). It all just ends up converting into the same main version of the font with all the formatting gone.

I've tried tinkering around with the "Embed fonts in the file" option in PowerPoint, and selecting the font to embed in the Adobe PDF Settings feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Neither has worked so far.

Thanks in advance for your help working out this problem.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, you are gentleman and a scholar. I created account just to like your comment. Thank god people like you exist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the BEST solution:  File/Export/Create PDF/XPS Document

It preserves everything.

PP to PDF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatley this solution doesn't work for me either. I work with the professional Office 360 on a Windosw Thinkpad. I also tried "Print > Microsoft Printer to PDF" which indeed keeps the fonts, but I end up having a white band around the slides, because I cannot choose "slide" as print size (see @diegog78903587). Can someone help me please? Would be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using one of the 3 methods of exporting PDFs listed in this free tutorial: https://www.pubcom.com/blog/tutorials/ms-office/export-pdf/index.shtml

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select a font, set the font fill color to 1% transparency, then export as usual. This worked for me.

Also: Microsoft is overpaid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve the issue for me. Conversely the workaround above (adding 1% tranparency to the font fill color) renders the font correctly with the standard pdf export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines