Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Substitution Issues with PDFMaker

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

Windows 10/Office Professional+ 2016/Adobe PDFMaker 19.

Having an issue (for 6+ months) using the Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin where one (1) typeface of a font gets substituted for another typeface of the same font during the "Create/Save as Adobe PDF" process. I have this issue using Word, PowerPoint, etc.

I'm using an Open Type font (Mercury) and the "Roman" typeface gets replaced throughout the document for the "Bold" typeface. The only Mercury typeface in the document is the "Roman" one, "Bold" is not used in the document. The only solution I have found (and be able to use PDFMaker) is to delete the "Bold" typeface from my computer. This is not a great solution as I use those other typefaces in INDD, AI, etc. This issue began after my computer was upgraded from Windows 7/Office 2013, things worked fine before then.

I am embedding fonts (it embeds the "bold" face not the "roman" one in the PDF) and have tried a variety of Conversion Settings to no avail.

I can Print as Adobe PDF (using Distiller) and the document comes through fine, "Exporting" does as well but the file size is massive. Everything points to the PDFMaker as the source of the issue (or the one setting in 10,000 i haven't tried).

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?