• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts change to characters after combining

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After combining many PDFs into 1, the fonts have changed to characters.  Is there a fix to fix the 1 combined file versus trying to fix all the PDFs that came from diff sources?  Adobe Acrobe Pro DC, Version 2022.001.20169

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you're describing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1DB5DC7C-086F-4D1E-A8A3-61853F51CBCB.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached the screenshot last evening.  Is there a fix?  Viewing the individuals files before combined are fine, the text is not scrambled.  It only gets the characters in the text after combining.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patriciav,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

This seems to be a font issue. Would you mind sharing some sample PDFs with us so we can replicate the behavior?

Did you create these PDFs in Acrobat yourself?

Share the Acrobat and OS versions in use.

Try the following workaround: Recreate the PDF in Acrobat by printing them to Adobe PDF. Then try to combine.

Check if that works for you.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestion though, but the individual PDFs came from diff sources.  The font issue wasn't an issue on the ind PDFs. The font issue appeared after combining them..  I was asking if there was a fix to fix the 1 file that was combined, that's when issue appeared.  We used DocsCorp, pdfDocs program, to combine them.  Note:  there are many other google references on this issue, and in Adobe Community websites, that after combined is when the problem occurs regardless of what program combined the files.  The problem occurs after the files are combined. I use Adobe Acrobe Pro DC, Version 2022.001.20169.  W10 OS.  I'm unable to share the actual files as they are in litigation.  There were about 40-80 individual files and time didn't allow us to recreate all the individual PDFs first, then combine.  It doesn't happen all the time, unable to duplicate the issue.  I didn't think there was an easy fix, some research mentioned using Print Production Tool and Preflight to add all the embedded fonts.  That did not help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines