• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not exporting correctly on PDFs

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought new computer, downloaded my Creative Suite programs, including Acrobat. Now when I create PDF files from Quickbooks & Access, some of my fonts are not displaying or printing correctly. The fonts are installed on my computer and worked just fine on my last computer. On my invoice in QuickBooks my address and phone # is in Rounder, which the text is correct but the font is Courier, but at the bottom is a Thank You statement that is in Briquet and the labels on an Access form that are in Bank Gothic, come out in Courier but the text is all gobbled up, wrong letters and special characters in place of letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

That was it. I went into Settings>Printers & Scanners and manage device on Adobe PDF and unchicked Rely on system fonts only, do not use document fonts and that solved it.

Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the affected fonts don't have the permission to be embedded into a form on your new PC. In that case it will be replaced by a quite similar looking font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is the problem as those fonts will export fine out of InDesign to a pdf. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, check if thebAdobe Font Service needs to be turned on.

You may have to be logged in to have access to all fonts, but you can also use Adobe fonts while offline by following these guidelines:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/add-fonts.html#UseAdobeFontswhileoffline 

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure that is relevant as these are not Adobe fonts. These are fonts that I own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well in that case have you tried to manually copy your fonts from the directories that they are in into the Adobe fonts folder?

And see how that behaves.

I am assuming you are using a new computer with windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have Windows 10.

I don't know where the Adobe fonts folder is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I have noticed is that in my font folder, the fonts that are messing up do not have a Designer/foundry listed. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now I came accross this thread see if it helps with your issue

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/quot-Cannot-extract-the-embedded-font-quot-Some-characters-ma... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this applies as I am not getting any error message, just messed up PDFs. I am using Acrobat Pro to create my PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, honestly radzmar answer above is the correct answer.

As you moved your old software into a new windows 10 computer  , the fonts that you own may not have the permision settings to embed in an Adobe Acrobat DC form. 

You need to check the support website for these fonts and check how to get the fonts that you need with the appropriate permission bits that work with an Adobe Acrobat PDF document, OR, find a subset of fonts that allows you to embed them in Acrobat

The fact that you are missing the Desinger/Foundry 

Could be related to a bad install specially if you use a font installer that wad meant for your older operating system.

My suggestions are the following:

First check if the fonts you own has embedding restrictions https://www.fonts.com/support/faq/font-formats 

1. Retry manually installing the fonts and 
  2. If you cannot install manually because the fonts are deployed via Designer Foundry software run the Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter on the executable installer and let the wizard detect if the installer program should be run in compatibility mode for an older version of windows
  3. Check if the fonts that you are using have embedding restrictions following this tips:  http://blog.gilbertconsulting.com/2009/05/how-to-tell-if-font-can-be-embedded.html?m=1   if they dont have embedding restriction reinstall the fonts following appropriate guidance from the vendor on how to install them in windows 10. Directories or folder structure change between operating systems.
  4. If that dows not work try the solution offered in this thread as a work around:  https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/41751/why-wont-a-font-allow-embedding-in-a-pdf-wil... 
  5. Contact Designer Foundry here : https://thedesignersfoundry.com/information/  and ask them about support in windows 10 and font embedding permissions for the fonts that you own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem with QuickBooks. In the print window, next to the printer option, (Adobe PDF on Documents) is an options button. On it is a checkbox for Rely on systems fonts only, do not use document fonts. I unchecked that and now my fonts export properly on my invoices. Now I will see if I can find a similar setting in Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it. I went into Settings>Printers & Scanners and manage device on Adobe PDF and unchicked Rely on system fonts only, do not use document fonts and that solved it.

Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your  feedback. Dont forget to mark your teply as the correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Dana. Your answer was the only one I could find online!! This was causing me major headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

U saved my life 😭 i've been solving this problem for two days. Ty so much. Have a good day girl 🫸❤️🫷

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines