• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form calculations are not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a budget worksheet to be used with a grant application. The cells in the table are set to auto calculate to help the user find the totals and check to make sure their funds requested match their funds matched. I have checked the field calculation order and still nothing works. I have tried multiple browsers and even in Acrobat preview they do not work.

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as "Acrobat preview". If you mean "Apple Preview" then don't, as it will corrupt your file.

The file seems corrupt anyway, though. I can see some calculations under the fields, but they don't appear in the Fields Calculation Order list at all... How did you create the fields and how did you apply the calculations to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you meant the "Form preview" mode in Acrobat, then don't use that either. The calculations won't work there. It's just for examining the layout visually. Kind of useless, really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a word doc with the tables, then uploaded it to Acrobat Pro DC. In editing the form, I clicked the fields to assign the calculation. Here is an updated version after I reconnected all the calculations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your updated version doesn't calculate.

Read reply 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the calculations are there when I save it. Is it possible I'm saving it wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tatumw29325951  wrote

All the calculations are there when I save it. Is it possible I'm saving it wrong?

Before you save it or after you save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I save. And only one column seems to ever work. And when I save it that column stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have corrected some calculations and it works:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am still confused on why when I save it and reopen it ceases working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck a entry in the calculations and recheck the entry. After this the calculations will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it is working when I use acrobat, but not when I'm in Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the issue to the developers of the Chrome PDF plugin. It has nothing to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to work in any browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most browsers have the same issues as Chrome. You need to save it locally and then open it in Acrobat or Reader for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is unfortunate. Thanks for the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF doesn't even work in Acrobat Adobe DC anymore. What is happening to my PDF calculations and why won't they work. This is very frustrating.

Alternatively, does anyone have suggestions for a different program? I'm ready to remake the worksheet if something else works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you before, something got corrupt in this file. Do you have an earlier version of it saved somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, but it seems to keep corrupting every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same problem. I set up my calculations in the file, I save the file and close it. When I open the file again the calculations does not work. I use Adobe Pro DC.

Please assist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. I have this exact problem. To add to the dilemna, I have two fields which calculate the same data.

One field works, while the other does not. However, after sending the document to my client, none of them works!

I am wondering if its something to do with the save as function, maybe I'm not ticking the right box there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines