• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Creation Process

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a practice solution in which I will fill data in a pdf form, and then transmit it the client for e-signing.  So I don't want them to enter data - that is coming from my MS Access database.  So the form that I look at has lots of fields.  The form that I send them will have only two fields: signature and date.

So any tips on how I do it?  do I flatten the form, make it a form again this time only with signature blank and date for fields?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's one option. Or you can sign the form yourself (using a different signature field), and set the field to lock all fields (except the other signature field and the date field) when signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not sure I understand.  If it is form that only has a signature blank for the client, do what exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add another signature field, go to its Properties and under the Signed tab set it to lock all the fields except for the ones you want the user to be able to fill in, then exit Form Edit mode and sign that field yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I fill the form with MS Access data, I lock all fields save the signature field for the client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  I will give it a try.  I really want to do it all in VBA code.  (Click button on form that saves the ready to sign pdf forms to the client's folder)   Any resources on how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines