Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Data Collection Crashes Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can create and distribute forms without issue. When it comes to collecting data from the forms my Acrobat will stop responding. I started out just having to toss the com.adobe.Acrobat preferences. It progressed to having to toss the preference files multiple times before Acrobat would work again. Then I found I had to disable the Enfocus PitStop plug-in and toss preferences to get it going agin. Last time I had to uninstall Acrobat and reinstall. It gets progressively worse EVERY time and has followed me across 2 different iMacs. I am at my wits end. Anyone else have this issue? Looking for any help I can get.

Acrobat Pro 2022.01.20085

Enfocus PitStop 21 update 1

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Thank you!

Trisha

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trisha

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

What happens when you try to collect data from the PDF form? Do you get any error messages? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF form and check if that helps.

Also, please update the application to the recent version 22.1.20112 (Mac) and reboot the computer once and see if that works. Go to help > Check for updates

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also, try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I've done all of this. Immediatley after I wrote the post I updated Acrobat. This didn't help either.

There are no error messages, I get the spinning beach ball and when I right click on the Adobe app in the dock it says "Application Not Responding". Doesn't matter how long I let it spin, nothing happens. When I restart Acrobat it looks fine for about 10-20 seconts and then repeat the beach ball/not responding.

This happens with all distributed forms. If I don't have PitStop installed the data collects in the response file just fine. Once PitStop is installed then Acrobat stops responding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that helps.

Also, make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 22.1. 20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) Installed

Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in both my original post and my reply, I've done this. And Acrobat is updated to the latest version 22.1.20112. Acrobat still stops responding about 10-20 seconds after starting up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We have the new version 22.1.20142 now available for Acrobat/Reader DC application. Please go to Help  > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines