• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form field info not showing up, unless field is clicked?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been receiving PDF files with form fields that contain text. In the past, all the text is visible and if more text is in the box than visible, you get the scroll bar.

The last document I received, the text doesn't show up, until I actually click the field biox. Once I click the field, the text and scroll bar appear, but once I click off it disappears again? We cannot figure out why?

Does anyone know how or why this happened and what the fix is?

Thanks!!

babs

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

That works because it gets Acrobat to redraw the field appearance, which is the problem. Preview doesn't save the PDF correctly and field appearances can get corrupted. Importing the data back in causes Acrobat to redraw the field, partially correcting things.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask your client how (in what application) they're viewing the file, with full-window screenshots, if possible.

My guess is it's either Apple Preview or inside a browser, ie. not using Adobe software, and hence the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok, thanks @try67, so viewing and inputting from non-adobe software could be the issue. I'll see if I can find out more from the client. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone truly solved this issue?  I'm only using Adobe to open/read my fillable file.  When I open it, all fields are blank.  As I click on each field, the data shows up for a short period of time.  It all dissapears.  If I open the same doc with Chrome, all filed in fields are clear/filled in and visable.  Using a MacBook Air.  This was fine at one time, I could fill in the data and everthing remained visable.  

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 20.12.20043.396433

AGM: 4.30.103

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.46820

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines