• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Fields Don't Always Tab Correctly

Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the newest version of Acrobat DC Pro, I've created form fields and have them in a particular order. They tab correctly and show in the Create Form list correctly. When I send the file is used by my client the fields don't tab the same.

Is there anything, in particular, that could cause this problem?

Thanks,

Peter

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

"Fast Web View" has nothing to do with the tab order.

You should know that there are two pitfalls in Acrobat Pro that can change the tab order without warning you:

Prepare form:

Capture_409.png

Preferences:

Capture_410.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that the client doesn't use Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the tabbing order that you've customized for that document only stays with it  based on your Acrobat program defaulted settings.

It may be possible that your Clients may need to check what is their default settings and maybe disbale on their end "Save As Optimizes For Fast Web View"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fast Web View" has nothing to do with the tab order.

You should know that there are two pitfalls in Acrobat Pro that can change the tab order without warning you:

Prepare form:

Capture_409.png

Preferences:

Capture_410.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, should the "Automatically adjust tab order when modifying fields" be turned on or off?

I'm guessing off since your screenshot has it unclicked.

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"should the "Automatically adjust tab order when modifying fields" be turned on or off?"

Everyone does what they want with their preferences, this thing almost drove me crazy when it was activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JR,

Thank you as usual for your guidance.

I am aware of the preference not having anything to do with the tab ordering, but based on the Adobe Helpx guidance that I was reading, when you have this setting enabled, the PDFs are synced  to the Document Cloud, and it restructures the whole document in that process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never noticed that Document Cloud changed the tab order in any of my forms.

Can you point me to this Adobe Helpx guidance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is not the tab order that changes , but it is the way that a PDF is restructuted when it is synced to the document cloud (specially with large documents), and back to the user's computer.

With this preference enabled, the user can continue to read a document as it  render one page at a time, and while the rest of the whole document is  downloading in the background.

Here's the link that I was reading:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/viewing-pdfs-viewing-preferences.html

This part:

"

• Save As Optimizes For Fast Web View: Restructures a PDF document for page-at-a-time downloading from web servers."

I though that this observation would've been relevant to the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the help, my client had the tab order working without changing the preference setting. I couldn't see what was happening on their end. But all is good and thank you for all the assistance.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines