Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form fields not showing

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm new to adobe.  I created a form using DC pro.  The intent was to allow someone to fill it in using the free DC and send it back.  I entered the fields but they do not show when I select preview??

Any help is appreciated

Charlie

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the fields of the PDF form that you have created is not visible even in preview.

Would you mind sharing the workflow or steps you did to create the PDF form? Also, what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC

For more information about creating the PDF form you please refer to the steps provided in the help articles below and see if that helps:

1. How to create a form from scratch in Adobe Acrobat

2. Create and distribute PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've created an Adobe Sign form. Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form". In the future, do not tick the box that says "This document requires signatures" when creating the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie, it may be too little, too late, but I just noticed this as I was searching for answers to a question I had.  I took a look at the form. I went to Prepare Form and looked at the Properties of all your fields.  Under the General Tab they were all marked as Read Only.  This doesn't allow for any changes to be made.  You have to uncheck the Locked box at the bottom and then uncheck Read Only.  You can then lock the box again.  This will have the fields show up and allow changes to be made to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.  This worked.  So then how do I maintain the integrity of the original form and distribute it to be filled out by multiple individuals...each having their own form to fill out and ultimately to be saved that way.  I'm just not sure how to keep a version as a template and not mess it up by asking someone to fill it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same question.  As the sender, I have fields to fill in but will then pass along to someone elsefor their information and signature.  I will need my fields to be secure.  I am not sure how to make this possible without going into each field and locking it before sharing the doument.  That doesn't seem efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to do that is to digitally sign the form yourself before sending it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm currently trying to reorder fields manually, but the solution above is not applicable.  I have checked all fields and none of them are marked as read only and none of the fields are checked as "locked."

For the first time, I don't have visibility to the list of fields to drag/drop to reoder. 

I have Adobe Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines